Lok Sewa Aayog has published the job opportunity notice for staff nurse. You can find the staff nurse preparation material over here. So this online staff nurse preparation material is based on the Low Sewa Aayog curriculum. Here we have included the model questions as staff nurse preparation materials
Curriculum and Staff Nurse Preparation Material
Table of Contents
- Curriculum and Staff Nurse Preparation Material
Fundamentals of Nursing:
- Basic needs of clients
- The nursing process
- Common nursing procedures used in the hospital
- Stress and coping mechanism
- First aid treatment
- Administration of drugs
- Infection prevention
- Methods of collecting different specimen for routine and culture test
- Anatomy and Physiology of all body systems and organs
- Body mechanisms, Friction, Gravity, Newton’s Law, Force, Transfer of heat, Fluid and electrolyte, Osmosis, Diffusion, Acid base balance, Rehydration therapy, Common investigation and its significance, Microbiology, Infection diseases, Common drugs, its action and side effects.
- Developmental tasks, Application of nursing process, Common diagnostic procedures
- Nursing management of common disease conditions including pre and post-operative care.
- Accidents, Injuries, Head Injuries, Spinal cord injury, Meningitis, Encephalitis, Tetanus, Epilepsy, and Bronchitis.
- Asthma, Pulmonary TB, Pleurisy, Common Cold, Rhinitis, Atelectasis, Peptic Ulcer, Intestinal Obstruction and Appendicitis.
- Peritonitis, Cirrhosis of liver, Hemorrhoids, Cholecystitis, Hepatitis, Hernias, Hydrocele, Bladder stones and Pyelonephritis.
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), Renal stone, Acute and Chronic Renal failure and Uremia.
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), Angina, Cardiac Arrest, Anaemia, Leukaemia, Myocardial infarction, Gangrene, Diabetes mellitus, Diabetes incipides, Hypertension, Fracture, Dislocation, Osteomylitis
- Care of patient with common sensory disorders and nursing management
Community Health Nursing
- Concepts of primary health care.
- Epidemiological concepts and approaches.
- Nutrition, deficiency diseases and management.
- Communicable diseases and management.
- Health Indicators
- Family planning
- Anatomy and Physiology of male and female reproductive systems
- Antenatal, natal and post natal care of a mother
- Management of high risk mothers
- Management of minor and major disorders of pregnancy
- Diseases associated with pregnancy
- Care of new born baby with observation and assessment
- Breast care and management
Nursing Care of Gynecological Problems
- Disorder of Uterine Bleeding
- Cystocele and Rectocele
- Uterine Prolapse
- Vesico Vaginal Fistula
- Major developmental characteristics and milestones.
- Promoting optimum development of children.
- Adolescent changes and problems.
- Six major killer diseases.
- Common health problems in children and their nursing management.
- Common health hazards in children in Nepal and their prevention.
- Congenital disorders/disabilities
- Role of nurses in reduction of mortality rate of children.
- Nursing care of critically ill children.
- Management of clients with mental disorders
- Characteristics of mentally ill patient
- Classification of mental disorders.
Leadership and Management in Nursing Planning
- Management process: Supervision, motivation, implementation and evaluation
- Leadership style
- Organizational structure of Government health services
- National health planning and concept of national health system
- Policies, rules and regulations in management of different level of hospitals and health centers
- Communication Process.
How to prepare Staff Nurse Exam?
Model Questions as staff nurse preparation material
- Meningitis is the disease caused by except
(A) Virus (B) Bacilli (C) Cocci (D) Spiro chetes
- One of the complications that may occur when Otitis media is not treated properly
(A) Meningitis (B) Conjuctivitis (C) Hepatitis (D) Rhinitis
- Beri Beri is the disease caused due to lack of (A) Vitamin ‘A’ (B) or Vitamin ‘B’ (C) Vitamin ‘C’ (D) or Vitamin ‘D’
- One of the main functions of liver is
(A) Formation of blood cells (B) Detoxification of poisonous substance (D) Secretion of urine (D) Secretion of bile
- The most essential responsibility of a nurse while caring a critically ill patient is
(A) To keep the airway of the patient (B) or To prevent bed sore (C) To provide nutrition in time (D) or To give medications in time
- The steps of nursing process includes all of the following except
(A) Planning (B) Implementation (C) Evaluation (D) Medication
Well this is the sample of nursing questions. For further details you can check us in gbsnote.com.