Compulsory math is a compulsory subject for grade ten. Everybody must study math up to grade ten. Mathematics is a very interesting subject. It is a logical subject. However it needs patient and dedication while learning mathematics. Here are the questions for compulsory math for grade 10. These are the questions from time and work, VAT and discount and compound interest.
Compulsory Math For Grade Ten
- Bigyan can do of a work in 9 days. He calls Amar to finish the remaining work. They work together and finish in 6 days. How many days will be taken by Amar to finish the work alone?
- A person sells a watch at a discount of 10% loses Rs.150. If he allows 5% discount, he gains Rs.125. Find the marked price and cost price of the watch.
- The annual compound interest on a sum of money in 2 years and 3 years are Rs.210 and Rs.331. Find the rate of interest.
- A can do a piece of work in 8 days. B can do the same work in 12 days. If A worked alone for 2 days and B alone for 3 days, in how many days will the remaining work be finished by A and B together?
- The tagged price of a mobile is Rs.5000. If a customer gets 12% discount and adding certain percent VAT, reaches as Rs.4972, find out the VAT percentage.
- The difference between annual compound interest and simple interest on a sum of money for 2 years at the rate of 10% per annum is Rs.124.50. Find the sum.
Compulsory Math More Questions
- Raghabi and Prerana can do a piece of work in 15 and 10 days respectively. After they work together for some days, Raghabi left and Prerana completed the remaining work in 5 days. How long had Raghabi work together?
- A man bought two radio sets for Rs.500. He sold one at a loss of 12% and other at a gain of 8%. He neither gained nor lost in his transaction. Find the cost price of each radio.
- The compound interest on the sum of money at 8% per annum for 2 years is more than the simple interest on the same sum at the same rate for the same time by Rs.76.80. Find the sum.
- Deepika and Rekha can do a piece of work in 18 days and 24 days respectively. After 6 days, when they worked together Deepika left and Rekha completed the remaining work. In how many days the whole work was finished?
- A shopkeeper marks the price of an article 25% above the cost price. After allowing a discount of 15% of its marked price, it was sold at a gain of Rs.2700. Find the marked price.
- A businessman borrowed a sum of money at the rate of 5% simple interest for 2 years and immediately he lent it for compound interest compounded annually at the same rate and for the some duration of time. In this transaction he gained Rs.50, find the sum borrowed.
For optional Math questions see next article in this site.
maths grade 10 + everything maths grade 10 + siyavula maths grade 10 + pure maths grade 10 + ap maths grade 10 + slc model questions of compulsory mathematics + slc model questions of optional maths + slc model questions of science with answers