Chemistry Entrance Questions for grade 11.
These questions are for entrance exam.
- State modern periodic law. Write the electronic configuration of calcium in sub shells.
- Write down two factors that determine the reactivity of elements.
- Why are the elements of the group one in the modern periodic table called alkali metal?
- Which one is more reactive between fluorine and chlorine and why?
- State the octet rule. Explain why neon atom can exist freely nature.
- On the basis of which property of the elements are they divided into metal, nonmetals and metalloids?
Chemistry Entrance Questions for Grade 11 Entrance
- Write down the position of alkaline earth metals in the modern periodic table. What is their valency? Why?
- Halogens are kept in group VIIA of modern periodic table why?
- How does iron get rust? Write the formula for rust.
- Write down the balanced chemical equation of the chemical reaction between sulphuric acid and ammonium hydroxide.
- What is gram molecular weight? How much carbon dioxide and lime is obtained from burning of 50g of limestone.
- Write four limitations of chemical equations.
- What is catalyst? Give an example of a negative catalyst.
- What is acid base reaction? Give an example.
- Describe hit and trial method. Explain with one example.
- Calculate the amount of Potassium sulphate obtained, when 10 gram of Caustic potash is treated with Sulphuric acid.
- What are three properties of acids?
- Give a balance equation for the reaction between copper and concentrated nitric acid.
- What happens when lime water is added to dilute solution of hydrochloric acid and water?
- Define base and give three examples.
- Write down the main use of salts.
- All alkalis are bases but all bases are not alkali why? Give reason.
- What do you mean by pH of a solution? Write it.
- Give any two uses of carbon dioxide gas.
- Write chemical equation for the reaction that takes place in the preparation of carbon dioxide gas.
- What are three properties of ammonia gas.
- Describe the working mechanism of fire extinguisher in brief.
- Hope these chemistry question help students a lot.
- Wish you all best of luck.